Friday 6 March 2009

Travelling

I love to go on holidays. I have always saved for at least one holiday a year. I am from India and lived there till I was 22 years old. In those days going on holidays meant visiting relatives most of the time. I am spending some time making my Google map to just give an idea of the places I have visited. Not actually dating the tags but just identifying all the places visited over the years. However we did have a couple of family holidays to Agra, Nainital, Varanasi and Khatmandu. This was around the time I was 5 - 6 years old.

The wanderlust I think is hereditary as my parents had moved about a lot too - they lived in Mumbai and then moved to Mombasa, Daressalam and back to India. Eventually, my father took up a job with Indian Airlines and moved from Secundreabad to Kolkota to Delhi and back to Secunderabad, where he retired. From Secunderabad I went to Pune to study at the College of Nursing, AFMC. After finishing my course I returned to Secunderabad and started working first at a private nursing home and then as one to one private nursing. Then we came to UK and this opened up a different life and further opportunities for travelling around the world. I have always wanted to keep a record of our travels and photos as well. in fact at one point I used to write a daily diary about each holiday so that I could send the letter to my mother and she would know all about my holiday. I wish I had kept copies of them but now I will have to try and do this in my blog. So over the time I will post travelogues and photos which people can read and understand how I see the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment