Wednesday 28 March 2012

Happy Place


What I want is that dream place
Where I can be myself place
The peace descends around me
The joy slowly filling in me
A nice long beach white and bright
Making the eyes squint in the light
The warmth of the sand between my toes
The waves come rolling in, cooling the toes
As I stroll along the edge of the sea
With the sky as blue as it can be
Gentle breeze and the murmur of waves
A soothing balm that my heart craves
I can listen to the sound of the sea
A very different world that is the sea
But I am happy to walk at its end
The sight and the sounds of sea all tend
To fill me with a peace and joy that is hard to explain
The clouds drifting slowly across the blue
Like cotton fluffs white dotting the blue
Even the vapour trail of a plane flying high
Does not disturb this tranquil sky
I would love to swim in this big open sea
However I am content to just see
Dream of the pleasure of water over my skin
As I can feel it drifting over my skin
Massaging my feet gently
As it flows and recedes gently
The sounds of nature today are soothing
Leaving me dreaming

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved it - I can picture it all so clearly and actually gave me a sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete