Thursday 16 August 2012

Rising from the Ashes


Despair is dark
Like a black mark
That will not go away
And hold total sway
If left unchecked
It will deepen till checked
It is an effort to think
But if I want to go towards the light’s brink
I must take those steps
A slow struggle to move up those steps
After all it is what I want
More than anything I can ever want
To see the light after despair
Makes it a victory over despair
Slowly I build my tattered self
Takes time to repair the self
Is this the strength I have lacked?
Spirituality rarely backed?
Becoming stronger is all in the mind
Spirituality finally strengthens the mind
Making me grow more patient
With others and self, more patient
 Accept what cannot be changed
Instead of fighting for all to be changed
Build my faith in that which is bigger than all
Try to be kind to one and all
Forgive those who hurt me
Forgive those who neglect me
That does not kill us, makes us stronger
But who says what is stronger?
I feel stronger mentally and spiritually
Though not recovered physically
Live every day as if it is the last
 Take the pleasures and make them last
Beautiful flowers swaying in the breeze
Butterflies dancing in the breeze
Rustling of the leaves in the breeze
Clean washing fluttering in the breeze
The birds chirping multitude of songs
My heart dances to the songs
The black despair held at bay for another day
But it’s my victory for another day
Keeping the darkness that can never be far away
For pain has a way for finding a way
Still am thankful for the strength I have gained
Strength of soul that I have gained


No comments:

Post a Comment