Friday 14 February 2014

Journey of a Tree


I sprouted from the earth
Not really knowing my worth
Turning my face up to the sun
Spreading my branches to reach the sun


I grow strong and tall over the years
Giving food, shelter and shade thorough the years
Renewing life force from light are the leaves
An almighty tree with thick trunk and canopy of leaves

Maturity suit the tree, for I am tall
Standing upright above all
A part of the jungle canopy
A single unit of the forest community

As years pass by
The sap begins to dry
The leaves turn brown
And the branches droop down

Till eventually I stand bare
Not a single leaf to wear
Till one day my trunk toppled over
The majestic tree is no more

But I am still useful to insects
For those who live on decay, I am perfect
Termite mounds grown around my stump
Slowly the wood crumbles into small lumps

Life renewed by turning dust to dust


No comments:

Post a Comment