Saturday 9 January 2016

Sunday Morning



A lazy Sunday morning
A nice warm sunny morning
Reading bits of the Guardian when a title catches my eye
Even one on vibrators does not make me shy
Between thoughts of authors like Clive James and Joyce Carol Oats
Experiences and asking for help notes
Of people who live and think so differently from me
Trying to understand what makes then different from me
A joke or cartoon catches the eye now and then
Making me smile or even laugh again
A cup of tea to sip at hand
Crossword puzzle that I am attempting to understand
Pencil hovers over the puzzle while I frown in concentration
Then I think do I really enjoy this sensation
Of frustration and drop back to random thoughts
Flitting from one to another akin to unguided bots
Why is it that I forgive grievances of past?
Have I grown mellow at last?
Is it that life has thrown up alternate perspectives?
So why new hurts are not avoided by these changed perspectives?
As I grow older and maybe wiser
Just because my past experience is my advisor
I care a little less for conventions
Aiming only for joyous interactions
Occasional Sunday reflection is good
Stopping to smell the roses does my soul good






No comments:

Post a Comment