Tuesday 5 September 2017

My Wednesday


It is a nice sunny spring day
So why do I feel this way?
The breeze rustling through the trees
To me feels cold enough to freeze
But of course today is chemo day
Leaving my head in a mess, what can I say?
All senses are more intense
The taste is dulled but hearing intense
Mood swings from cheery to sad
Perceived slight making me feel bad
This depressed feeling I am aware of
Active social contact can soon see it off
But lethargy of thought and intent rules
Positive and negative thinking duels
Effort has to be made for everything today
Everything feels too much today
The fever and chills that will creep up by the end of the day
The odd nausea often makes itself known on this day
Some days sleep is hard to come by
On other days the fatigue helps the shut eye
This is my Wednesday every week
Am thankful for the medicine every week






No comments:

Post a Comment