Saturday 13 March 2010

On Mother's Day

Suddenly mother’s day is here
Everyone scrabbling to get a card,
And a present for someone so dear
But should this be only for the day

Mother protects and teaches
Mother cares and nurtures
Mother wipes away my tears
Mother kisses the hurt away
Mother encourages my abilities
Mother praises my achievements
Mother envelops my world with love
This she does every day and in every way
So why should mother’s day be only for a day
The love, care and respect for her
To be shown everyday

Ask those who do not have their mother
To care and cuddle, love and kiss the tears away
No one to soothe the pain of hurt
No one to murmur praise to keep you going
We all take mother and what she does for granted
Only when she is gone we realise she is always wanted

My mother is not there
She seems to have vanished
I shout as loud as I can for her
Tears streaming down my face
Looking here and there
I wake up from the nightmare
Its middle of the night
But I am eager to hear her voice
Reassure myself that she is there
To envelop my world with love
Thank god for everyday I have my mother
Not just on mother’s day

No comments:

Post a Comment