Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cycle of Life



Ever since I got chronically ill
My body will not obey my will
There is muscle fluttering here
Or a pain shooting there
An inability to move a joint
Or lying listless without a point
It is good when energy is high
Otherwise all I do is sigh
The spring has come with lots to do
Cleaning and clearing, yes lots to do
I can run about without thinking
The need for balance easily forgetting
Then hits the wave of tiredness
Dragging me down this wave of sadness
The mood does not lift easily
The sadness grows uneasily
I stop talking and laughing
I need to start talking and laughing
Easier said than done
When the darkness weighs a ton
Meeting with friends
Sharing with friends
Might let in a spark of light
Keeping that glow still alight
Life finds a way to emerge
With renewed hope and happy urge
All is well in the world again
Until the overdoing yet again

No comments:

Post a Comment