Monday 22 October 2012

The Chosen One



I am one of the chosen ones
Chosen to see what can be done
To the human body in time
Making me, in pain hum and chime
The pain sparks around the body like lightening
The tingle of it leaves the fingertips whitening
Sadly the lightening is flashes
While pain is continuous lashes
The fatigue makes body heavy
And the mind a memory gravy
Can we do away with some parts?
Or do we need all body parts?
Days merge into one another
Months merge into one another
Some days I emerge from the fog
Wanting to play leapfrog
When the burst of energy is gone
I savour the fun that is gone
Someone asks why me?
Then I think why not me?
Why not be the chosen one?
Even evolution needs an experimental run
Hopefully I will lead to a better human
Is it exciting to be a fore runner of new human?
I know now how a lab rat feels
Wonder how the rat deals
With the things being done to it
With no control at all over it
The changes both physical and mental
For all these drugs are detrimental
Will it be worth the sacrifice of me
Will the new human be superior to me?
If that can be done
I am happy to be the chosen one


No comments:

Post a Comment