Tuesday 8 January 2013

Footsteps in the Sand


 
The sand on the beach is clean
Not a footstep to break the pristine
The sun is rising slowly in the sky
Making the blue lighter in the sky
I walk slowly on the sand
Leaving footsteps in the sand
Gentle cool breeze on my face
Moisture and salty spray often on my face
The footsteps lead up the beach
Slowly there are more footsteps on the beach
Some pass by my footsteps
Others move with my footsteps
Every now and then footsteps part
As friends and companions depart
The swirling water from the waves
Fills in the footsteps with passing waves
My story told by my footsteps in the sand
Meeting and parting footsteps in the sand
As I move further down the beach of life
It shows the friends and family walking through my life
Memories are slowly fading in the sand
Just like the footsteps in the sand
The sun setting slowly
Sliding into the water gracefully
Soon my lone footsteps in the sand will fade
Washed away by the waves aid
The beach will be again clean
The sands of time pristine
For the next set of footprints
Another life being charted in the footprints
The cycle of life continues

No comments:

Post a Comment