Sunday 6 January 2013

New Year



The New Year has crept in
While I peacefully slept in
What will this bring?
I pray laughter will always ring
Thankful that the world did not end
As if I ever believed it would end
Summer has boldly marched in
Sunshine and heat are often keeping me in
While my bones and muscles it warms
Heat rash has come out in swarms
Wetting my hair daily to keep cool
Making my tighter curls look cool
Visit the beach to have some fun
Lathered in sunscreen so I am not ‘Well Done’
Brought out the sarong from the drawer
Made in Maldives with fishes galore
A glass of chilled ginger beer in hand
Looking at the breeze playing with the sand
Waves are gently lapping at my feet
Water is cool and delicious in this heat
Birds like the gulls and the pelicans
On seeing chips can behave like hooligans
At the shore children are splashing about in the waves
Further out adults trying to surf the waves
Wish happy times to all in this year
Wish healthy time to all in this year
Rest and play should be in balance
I always need someone to remind me of that balance
Quality of life is important to me
Housewife it is letting me be
Days will come and go
Drift in the dreams nice and slow
This idyllic will hopefully last
Fatigue and pain might just be in the past
I should be so lucky
I should be so lucky


No comments:

Post a Comment