Tuesday 7 January 2014

Thought for the New Year



All this New Year cheer is wearing thin
All the reflections on the past are wearing thin
Why all this looking back?
It is meant to rectify your lack
I am all for reflecting to learn and improve
But this overdoing does not make me want move
Should we not reflect every day?
To make a difference, to who we are, every day?
Surely the start of the year is to move on
To have ideas and ambitions, to be worked on
Look forward to achieving something new
Maybe I shall learn to sew
Look at what my friends do
Making jewellery, pottery and crafts they do
I am no good at intricate sewing or delicate beading
Nor can I knit a woolly hat or take on embroidering
I dream of painting delicate pastel vistas
Or bold oils on canvas showing beautiful vistas
Maybe I shall write a story
Of something sci-fi and gory
I would love to write a funny yarn
Creating laughter that would raise the roof of a barn
What about making music to soothe the soul?
Or dancing to energise your soul?
Visit new places to see natural marvels
Learn new cultures and foods during the travels
Climb up mountains and breathe clean air
 White water rafting makes an exhilarating dare
Oh there is so much I want to achieve
Oh sure there is much I can achieve
All this activity can be tiring
The thoughts return to retiring
Into my bed and get napping
Tomorrow is time enough to get starting




No comments:

Post a Comment