Sunday 15 June 2014

Father



Father’s day comes and goes every year
People wax lyrical for the day every year
But does not your father reside in your heart
He is forever, of your life, a part
Whether you have known him for a day or a life time
Whether he was good, caring and loving in that time
Or he was a cruel, careless and abusive person
His genes are always a part of your person
You learn from him even when you think you have not
By following his example or avoiding it at all cost
I rarely talk of my father
But never a day passes when I do not think of my father
My life and values were sculpted by him
I was taught to be honest and hardworking by him
The sincerity in every dealing, was his doing
He was not very demonstrative and rarely hugged
He always looked a little surprised when I hugged
Life had been hard for him
Dutifully caring for the family around him
I am sorry I did not know him before
My brother’s death changed him for sure
He never raised his hand at me
A raised voice was all that was necessary for me
We had many a good conversation about everything
Even when the discussion got heated over little silly things
He always chided me with love and pride
That I should have been a lawyer for I took all opinions in my stride
He was amazed that I could see all sides of the argument
Even though this makes it tough to stand in judgement
Oh I am not saying he had no faults
But that I love him warts and all
Happy memories of him are cherished
As sad times were forever finished
Next y father in law occupied that vacant position
My father by a marriage decision
Another caring loving man that I was fortunate enough to cherish
The feeling of being loved and wanted that never did diminish
I was the daughter that he had always wanted
A daughter to call him daddy, he was delighted
Indeed I am blessed to have the love and blessings of 2 fathers
It is just not for the day but every day that I remember my fathers






No comments:

Post a Comment