Thursday 12 June 2014

Vivid Lighting of Sydney



Rain drops are falling on my head
Why am I out in the rain when all I want is to be in bed?
I could have come out when it was nice and dry
The sun warm enough to keep me spry
There was a whole week when we were having an Indian summer
But we had to come out on the evening that was wet, what a bummer!
The people continued gathering
Even while the rain is pouring
Jostling with deadly umbrellas held at my eye level
The wheels of buggies a threat at ground level
There was time still to see the lights
Time still a while before we could sample the delights
Time to warm up with some hot food
Surely that has to make me feel good
Oh yea someone listened to my prayers
He was definitely listening upstairs
The rain died down and the wind abated
The hot chips had me sated
Then we joined the crowds around the quay
For the first display on the library
The patterns intricate, bright and colourful
The joyous music to which they danced wonderful
 The next in line was the museum display
Gentle music but eye catching weaves of colours inlay
Memorable was the snakes slithering across the façade
The weird figures floating up and down the façade
There were many small light displays across the tall buildings
From light bulbs to lamps drifting
From kangaroos bouncing
To lightening flashing
The best I have kept to the last
All eyes by the Opera House are held fast
This year there is a mix of colours and patterns
The bright and bold colours splash the façade
Then the pastels craving out a filigree on the façade
You can also see the heavens, stars and space
Giving the illusion of drifting through trying to keep pace
The laughter, the fun and joy seen on the faces around
Simple pleasures reflected on the faces abound








No comments:

Post a Comment