Wednesday 28 February 2018

Happy 60th Paul


Celebrating Shashti Poorti, a significant milestone, memorable turning point
Apparently prayers and reaffirming of marriage vows mark this point
Everyone says happy birthday to you
But is it enough for me to just say happy birthday to you?
How can a few words even dent the many emotions
That are surely are expressed in everyday caring motions

I look forward to everyday spent with you
Hoping that it is the same with you
Wishing for you, health and happiness and peace
And I do all I can to help you live a life of ease
Cooking the foods you love
But baking a cake I cannot manage, love

I might be a tad obsessive about small issues
But you soon remind me they are but minor issues
I might annoy you a little by forgetting an odd thing
And giggles at bedtime and loud songs I occasionally sing
The best time with you has always been on holidays
The amazing places, sights and laughter we share on holidays

You used to wear everything blue when we first met
Now you wear clothes of every colour I can get
That hair went red in the sunshine
Now the hair is bleached with age and sunshine
The knees might creak but the walk is still tall
Ready to pick me up every time I fall

Strong believes and values you live up to
Makes you one that I look up to
Just as you stand between me and the world
I also always aim to protect you from this world
I could go on and on but enough for now
Let me leave some words for another poem about thou

Happy Birthday Paul



1 comment: