Wednesday 14 October 2009

Autumn is here

The days are growing shorter and day light seems to be slipping away. I do not like this time and the on coming winter just because there is less sunlight. Have always felt that I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) as I feel feel low and lack energy when I do not get sunlight. Maybe I am like a sunflower who needs the sun to flourish and dance in the wind. Since finding out I managed to have a sever lack of Vitamin D I need the sun more than ever. People keep telling me to go live in a warmer place or at least visit India where I believe it is very warm and sunny during the day. Even in winter one generally gets a good few hours of sun in India.

This year I went to Australia and it was during the winter there. Save a couple of days of rain and a couple of cloudy days the sun shone most of the time we were there. It is just the lack of sun shine that i have problem with, the cold or even the snow is fun to have. When it is cold I can bundle up in the lovely fleeces, jumpers, faux fur coat, nice warm hat (I got the hat and coat from Quebec City) and even gloves. Am happy wearing all that for a walk out in the sunshine. A few years ago we used to go for a walk in the Trent Country Park on new years day. The fresh air and crunch of frost underfoot felt good and lifted my spirits. Not sure why we stopped doing that. In fact I cannot remember when we last went there. The last few years have been full of stress, pain and ill health for me and am hoping that finally times have turned to good now. The sad times are going to sleep with winter and spring will bring new hope and luck and health.

I love the snow as long as I do not have to go to work in it. Am not sure I ever liked driving in the snow. One day I remember I took my husband to the station just a mile down the road and it took me 30 minutes to get back, slipping and sliding everywhere. But I love to walk in the snow and throw snowballs. Have never done any other snow activity ever but walking is fun. I have walked in the snow in many places besides home - Scotland, Iceland, Cyprus, Black Forest in Germany, Sierras in Spain, Copenhagen, Moscow, St. Petersburg, New England... This year there was a lot of snow here but I was snuggled in my warm bed under the duvet as i was not well enough to go out. Hope that next time there is snow I am well enough to walk about in it. But who know where I will be.. will there be snow... as time is always uncertain and life is strange and unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment