Wednesday 7 October 2009

Life is Fleeting

I always worried that a day might come when I am left without my sisters but it was something far in the futur, say in 15 - 20 years time. But the time is right here and what does one do? Nothing as one stands by impotently watching life drift out and away.. the tears are for the ones left behind. No matter how much one wishes things were different but we stop in front of the ultimate truth - our mortality. It makes one wonder what is life about, the small issues, the arguments, small hurts, big laughs, fun, joy, shared memories.... of a lifetime - my lifetime intertwined with those of my sisters. I have not finished grieving for one and the other is gone too. I just want to put a few words out here in the ether that all those gone are in our memory for always.

Brings to heart all the people gone and some hope that they all r sitting somewhere under a nice shady tree sipping long cold drinks and reminiscing about us! People say time heals... but I think time gives strength to remember with joy and happy memories. Of course there will be times when the pain just grabs u by the throat but those times get less and less. After all, I am not new to dealing with loss. So let us all rejoice in the fruitful and full life that was lead by my sisters and give thanks for the lives shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment