Tuesday 27 October 2009

Shows that make me laugh

Have not been here for a few days now. Not sure why I was quiet as the contemplation in life and stopping to take stock had been completed a couple of weeks back. I wonder if you all saw the comedy clips I had included in the earlier blogs. There is now a new show by Russell Howard in BBC 3. This young man is funny and in his present show he does commentary on news clips. I have seen him of the program Live from Apollo in the Hammersmith and also he is a regular on Mock the Week.

I am a fan of the channel Dave as it does repeats of Mock the Week, Have I got News for You, QI, Argumental and such like. I enjoy seeing the programs over and over again as most times I find watching them so soothing that i can miss bits either through laughing or I have dropped off to sleep. Thus the repeats are always fresh for me. I know people will say how can a good program be soporific? But I find that when something is good - TV show or even movie and I am tired I can drop off happily. If the program is bad then I feel compelled to keep awake and criticise. This is true of live music as well. So I use the programs I like to drop off. Generally I put them on before bedtime and most times fall asleep peacefully.
But please let me assure you that these program are actually very good. The play on words, comedy and the wit make me laugh heartily.

There is also a Comedy Roadshow by Micheal McIntyre who also has a few other stand up comics do short stints and some are very good. I find it fascinating how the stand up can have topics that are simple everyday events and things experienced. From some of the experienced ones I have seen live is Jeremy Hardy, Kevin Day, Josie Lawrence, Eddie Izzard, Lee Evans. There are some websites that do videos of some fo their works and any time I feel low this is a good cheer me up.

Aside from stand up comedy my all time favorites, guaranteed to make me laugh are movies like Support Your Local Sheriff, Support Your Local Gunfighter, Blazing Saddles, My Fair Lady. I notice that one TV add is using that scene of cowboys eating beans around the campfire. I like the laid back attitude of James Garner in bother the Support Your... films. Saw the new Star trek movie which was good.. found I could get into it unlike my brush with the newer prequels of Star Wars. Just thought I would share - what cheers me up so others could try these out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment