Saturday 10 October 2015

Flitting Ideas



The mind is buzzing with thoughts
Zinging around like little bots
Making connections to memories and meetings
Even to some random greetings
Spoke to my old tutor who influenced my life
Her strictness taught strong values only appreciated later in life
While another chance meeting with a supervisor
Gave me an idea of penning lines on a toxic tutor
There are seasons of flowers in my garden
From jasmine to wisteria to roses and some yellows ones that grow with abandon
Even the weeds are pretty
So could they be part of the ditty?
And what of the birds that twitter and grace the green?
From the common crows and pigeons to exotic kookaburra and parakeet with a wonderful sheen
Should I write about the places I have been?
The beaches and parks with East Coast Water Dragons that I have seen!
What about feelings asks my mind?
Should we be left behind?
The last year has been a mix of joy and sadness, meetings and partings
Memories made with old and new friends should go into the recordings?
Not to dwell on chronic illness much
Except to help others along the right path with a nudge
A friend appreciated my writing and asked for more
Wait for it as I write some more

2 comments: