Friday 23 October 2015

First Meeting



I have been married for 28 years
It is more than half my life in years
I used to think that ‘marriages are made in heaven’ is a lore
Meeting the man I would love was a matter of searching and no more
To that end I joined Dateline
To get meet men with similar needs as mine
He came to pick me up for the first date
I had to first peek from the window before I opened the gate
I liked what I saw and crossed my fingers that he would too
This man with a moustache and obvious penchant for colour blue
It was strange to be going on a date
To view the Le Corbusier exhibition and walk around the Tate
Just got reminded, not Tate, Haywood
Well I at least remembered the event that I should
A wander around Oxford Circus in the afternoon sun
I thought was fun
Wondered what he thought of me?
Would he ask for another date with me?
He was going back to West Country by train
But waited till it was time for my train
At the local pub in the station
Trying to think of ways to put this relationship in motion
I asked him out right, since I am the extrovert
Are we meeting again? Is this pay dirt?
You could see the relief in his eyes
For he did not have to verbalise
Yes we will meet again soon
He would come to meet me at home and I was over the moon
We married in a few months
The saga turned to years from months
But that’s a tale for another day
With short poems to mark the pleasures along the way
What are the chances of and Indian girl finding a Australian /Welsh man
Across the country in England
For across the seas we travelled since fate intervened
To affirm that marriages are destined
What you make of this gift is up to you
For living together is building a life with you.








No comments:

Post a Comment