Sunday 28 August 2011

Budda Hoga Tera Baap – the lost time


I am a big Amitabh Bacchan fan and used to see every movie I could. Therefore I have seen all his great movies. So the name Budda Hoga Tera Baap sounded amusing. I have seen the classic like Chupke Chupke were he carries off the funny man role very well. So I got excited about finally being able to see this film.
The man plays the eternal good bad guy role! There is some attempt to refresh the audience with the old classic songs from his old hits like Don. The action is predictable with an equally predictable story. The son played by Sonu Sood is wooden and reminded me of a wooden Sly Stallone and I do not mean that as a compliment. Even when attempting to romance Sonal Chauhan one wants to shake him and say get an expression. The only things right about it is his father intervening to help his romance! Raveena Tandon as a lovesick older woman is amusing specially since it is OTT.
The ‘bad man’ and the whole gangster scenario is very cliché. There are some odd dialogues by the big man himself that raise a smile now and then. This is a shame and the only redeeming thing was Amitabh’s voice, song and dance. And did anyone doubt that Hema Malini would forgive the wayward gangster husband and all live happily ever after? I am glad I saw it at home and not wasted money going to the cinema. The lost hours of my life… have taught me that not every Amitabh movie is a classic. Both the veteran actors Amitabh Bacchan and Hema Malini are utterly wasted in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment