Tuesday 19 May 2020

Neighbour Washing Car



Neighbours can be quirky and while I am a friendly soul have not been able to make friends with all my neighbours. Well a couple were friends but only one has lasted a move. One of my neighbours I actually spoke to on the day before I moved. Often neighbours shift and new ones come and you suddenly think oh when did that happen? As I have not seen any removal vans come or go. Then it dawns on me that recently cars have been coming and going frequently and loads of large bags and packages have been loaded in to the car which I caught a glimpse of as I passed the window.

Yes, so I missed the actual move of the neighbour and only realised when I started seeing another person visiting daily to check on an extension being carried out at the rear of the house. Now I always make an effort to smile at my neighbours when I see them outside. But the one who had vacated never returned the smile except once when he was cutting grass and was right in front of me.

The current observation is about this gentleman. It was a cloudy murky day and quiet. Then the expected rain arrived. I have seen that more often then not the rain is a serious downpour almost monsoon like. My husband has often made video clip of the rain which starts with a dance of huge drops of water and then they run along the road. As the wind picks up the rain is seen at a curtain of water flying along. The road becomes a river that is rushing to find a gutter and race to the storm drain.

So once the rain started it was heavy with visibility greatly reduced. I love watching the rain racing about hither tither with the wind so I went to stand in the veranda to take in this view. The sight that I was confronted left me open mouthed, literally. The man next door was on his front lawn washing his car. Now one can understand that since it is raining, he would be making the use of all this free rain water but no that would be too sensible. He was holding an umbrella to protect himself from the rain and using a garden hose to wash his car. Why? The logic still eludes me…. Have never seen this before or since but then never know what new neighbours and neighbourhoods will bring.

1 comment:

  1. So, now we know that what Hose do is no Rain can do! LOL

    ReplyDelete