Sunday 16 August 2009

Hot sunny sunday and music

Next week I am off to Amsterdam for EARLI conference. I am presenting a few papers with colleagues from the research team at University of Exeter. The papers are related to use of synchronous online learning tools called Digalo with Argunaut System and InterLoc. The first is a spatial and graphically displayed text tool while the latter is a linear text display tool. Argument theory underlies the development of both, and so they allow development of a collaborative discussion. The Argunaut System consists of the Moderators Interface which allows the facilitator to support online collaboration by the learners.

I just had a small panic attack as I needed to sort out the handout for my conference paper. I needed one screen dump to complete my snapshots of the awareness tools in Moderators Interface (Argunaut Project) for facilitators supporting students learning using Digalo. Considering I had not done screen dumps in ages, I could not remember how to do those. For some reason this always happens to me. Also then I had a panic trying to find the paper submitted among of the millions of files I have for my thesis and the related papers and projects.

The sunny and warm day makes it harder to be focused in my work as panic increases sweating! The songs playing on Sunrise Radio and Kismat Radio are a good company when I study or work. Later I will listen to another program on Asian network radio where there are old songs which are rare these days. While I never remember what was playing afterwords it is fun to hum and jig in place to some real fast tunes. But in this heat I prefer to have the slow numbers on the radio as bopping about is just too much. But music does not fill ones stomach... what to eat is always a major question......

No comments:

Post a Comment