Wednesday 12 August 2009

Tedium and happiness

Well I am back to work. Getting into the swing of things is hard especially after a long break. I seem to be in 'helping out' mode and hope to get the some idea of what I should be doing this year. Aside from that I am happy as I have time to spend on doing my thesis. Waiting for things to happen is the most tedious thing for me. So I thought I will have a few minutes break and do my blog.

The most interesting thing I have heard today is a new research is out about how to be happy! The best way to do this is by taking a minute everyday and remembering what was the best thing that you did or achieved or that happened to you in th last 24 hours. Also smiling for a short while too is useful. Am sure there are other ways suggested by this research done at University of Hertfordshire. But hearing it in the BBC news early morning did put a smile on my face!!!

So I guess I am happy despite the waiting and helping out... after all there is some constructive activity there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment