Wednesday 23 October 2013

Samosas

http://rajeshthakkar.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/the-triangle-that-unites-indiasamosas.html

A very interesting blog from a friend and also a history lesson about this delicious dish. The eating of it hot with spicy chatni and good strong cuppa tea when its cold and wet...is heavan... only to be compared with bajiyas and chai...



When it is cool and wet
The fine drizzle making the air wet
It is time to bring out the favourite
A hot spicy samosa is my favourite
I am lucky to go and buy it readymade
So the gratification is instantly made
The size has to be big
The crisp crusty to pick
Potatoes crushed not smashed
Spices aplenty in the potatoes crushed
Lovingly wrapped in pastry
Those delish big triangles of pastry
They sit in rows on the shop counter
The visual stimulation a distinctive encounter
I cannot wait to pick it up fast
Sink my teeth into a bite fast
Yet I want to nibble
So do not quibble
Dipping into some sauce
I need to make it last, so pause
Sipping a hot masala chai
Oh My ! Oh My
Simple pleasures of life




No comments:

Post a Comment